Breakfast croissant boats are the perfect way to get the day started right! They’re loaded with eggs, cheese, bacon and or sausage, and all of your favorite omelet ingredients.
These are super easy to make and you can put them together in about 30 minutes. Make them the morning you eat them or even prepare them ahead of time to make easy breakfast throughout the week.
Give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a new fun way to switch up your breakfast routine.
Ingredients you will need
Let me start off by saying, there are many variations that can be made to this recipe. These are the ingredients I filled my boats with, so make sure you add all of your own favorite ingredients into the boats!
Protein: Bacon and or breakfast sausage
Filling: Eggs, red bell pepper, green onion, heavy whipping cream, cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese.
Topping: Hot sauce
Bread: Large buttery croissants
How to make Breakfast Croissant Boats
Start by frying up 4 slices of bacon (1 slice of bacon per each croissant) until they’re crispy, then chop them up into bite size pieces.
Cut the top third off of each croissant then remove some of the filling. Be careful not to remove it all the same through otherwise the egg mixture will leak out of the croissant. Instead of removing the filling, you can also push/pack it down to the bottom of the croissant.
Assemble the breakfast boats by filling each croissant with chopped up crispy bacon, diced bell peppers, green onions, shredded pepper jack and shredded cheddar cheese.
Next, whisk 4 large eggs together with 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until fully combined. Place the hollowed croissants on a cookie sheet. Pour the whisked eggs into each croissant boat until filled then season the top with salt and pepper.
Place the cookie sheet in your oven or grill and cook them at 350F for 15 mins. Once the egg has fully cooked and the cheese is melted, remove them from the oven/grill.
Top them with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!Print
- 4 Croissants
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fry up 4 slices of crispy bacon (1 for each croissant) then chop it up into bite size pieces.
- Cut the top third off of each croissant then remove some of the filling
- Assemble boats with chopped bacon, bell peppers, green onions, pepper jack and cheddar cheese.
- Whisk 4 eggs together with 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Pour in your whisked eggs then season on top with salt & pepper
- Place on a cookie sheet then get them in your oven or grill them at 350F for 15 mins
- Once the egg has cooked and the cheese is melted, they are done
- Top with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20