Breakfast pigs in a blanket are the perfect way to start your day. Juicy sausage wrapped in french toast – what more could you want?
This recipe is by far one of my kid’s favorite breakfasts. It’s super simple to make and you can cook extras so you have easy leftovers. Dip them in some warm maple syrup for even more flavor.
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you want a fun, delicious breakfast idea.
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Breakfast Sausage links
French Toast: White bread, eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon
How to make Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
Cook the breakfast sausages over medium heat rotating them every minute until browned and they reach an internal temp of 165°F. Place them on a plate with a paper towel to absorb any excess fat left on the sausages.
Take the slices of white bread and remove the crust off of each piece, then cut them so they are a little less wide than the cooked sausages.
Take a rolling pin and flatten the cut pieces of bread.
Place the sausage on a flattened bread, then roll up each sausage and make sure to seal the seam to secure it by pressing on it.
Next, grab a bowl and combine the eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix it throughly with a fork or a whisk until all of the ingredients are combined.
Dip each wrapped sausage in the mixture so that the bread is fully coated.
Place it in a pan over medium low heat and cook it until the bread begins to turn brown.
Remove them from the pan, then top them with some powdered sugar and serve with warm maple syrup.
Love breakfast? Be sure to check out my Breakfast Burger recipe!Print
- 1 package of breakfast sausage links
- 6 slices of white bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cook the breakfast sausages over medium heat until browned and the internal temp reaches 165°F.
- Take slices of white bread and cut them so they are a little less wide than the cooked sausages.
- Take a rolling pin and flatten the cut bread.
- Roll each sausage in the bread and make sure to seal the seam by pressing on it.
- In a bowl, combine and mix the egg, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Dip each wrapped sausage in the mixture then cook it in a pan on med/low heat for 1-2 mins each side or until the bread browns.
- Top with some powdered sugar and serve them up with warm maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes