Bacon Wrapped Hot Honey Glazed Carrots are one of the best side dishes to serve up for the holidays!
Sweet, spicy and smoky, this side dish is super easy to make and it will be a huge crowd pleaser.
Be sure to give them a try if you’re looking to upgrade your holiday meal.
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Thin cut bacon
Veggies: Whole carrots
Seasoning: Salt, black pepper and smoked paprika or a BBQ dry rub
Glaze: Hot Honey
How to make Bacon Wrapped Hot Honey Glazed Carrots
Preheat the oven or grill to 400° F. Cooking them in the oven is more convenient, but if you can throw them on the grill or pellet smoker that will add a lot more flavor.
Wash and then peel the whole carrots then tightly wrap each carrot with a thin slice of bacon.
Season the outside of the bacon with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. You can also season them with a BBQ rub instead for added smoky flavor.
Place the bacon wrapped carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a wire rack then place them in the oven or grill for 25-30 minutes.
Once the carrots begin to soften and the bacon starts to turn crispy, remove them from the oven or grill. You can test the softness of the carrot with a toothpick or fork. If it goes in like butter, the carrots are almost done.
Brush some warmed hot honey on each carrot then place them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. This will allow the honey to become sticky and form a glaze over the bacon wrapped carrots.
Remove the carrots once the honey tacks up and becomes sticky on the bacon.
Garnish them with finely chopped parsley. You can also top them with candied pecans for added flavor!
Serve hot and enjoy!
Looking for other delicious side dishes?
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite sides to serve with your meal!
Smoked Mac & Cheese – Mac & cheese is one of the most icon side dishes around. My smoked version of this recipe will quickly become the only way you’ll ever want to eat it again.
Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts – Bacon makes everything better, and that includes brussels sprouts! These delicious vegetables are served with crispy bacon, gooey dates topped with a balsamic glaze reduction for the best bite around.Print
- 2 pounds of whole carrots
- 1 pound of thinly sliced bacon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- Hot honey
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- Preheat the oven or grill to 400° F
- Wash and peel the carrots on all sides.
- Tightly wrap each carrot with a slice of bacon then season the outside with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Place the bacon wrapped carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then place them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the carrots begin to soften and the bacon starts to turn crispy, remove them from the oven.
- Brush some warm hot honey on each carrot then place them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven once the honey tacks up to the bacon.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and candied pecans.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes