Steak and Cajun Shrimp Alfredo pasta is one of the most flavor packed meals you can make.
Grilled juicy steak, cajun flavored shrimp smothered in a creamy pasta sauce for the perfect bite. This pasta recipe is made up of simple ingredients and it makes for an easy dinner any day of the week.
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious pasta dish the whole family will love.
Ingredients you will need
Tender Steak: Ribeye steak, NY Strip or Filet mignon
Shrimp: Raw Colossal shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Alfredo sauce: Chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic clove, butter, salt and black pepper
Pasta: Fettuccini or penne pasta
To save extra time, you can also use any leftover steak you may already have.
How to make Steak and Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
Seasoning the Steak and Shrimp
Preheat your grill for indirect cooking – I will be cooking this steak using the reverse sear method. I used my Nomad Grills for this cook because I love cooking steak and shrimp over live fire as it adds a ton of flavor.
Optional: Remove the steak from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature. This will help with a more tender, even cook and it will speed up the cook time.
Grilling the Steak and Cajun Shrimp
Place steak on the grill indirect of the heat then close the lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
Once the steak reaches an internal temperature of 110°F, remove it from the grill and increase the heat to a medium-high heat.
Remove the MEATER Plus then sear the steak over direct heat searing both sides. Remove the steak once it’s seared on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 127°F.
As you are searing the steak, you can check the internal temperature of the steak with an instant read thermometer. This will allow you to know when to remove the steak for the perfectly cooked steak.
Make the Fettuccini Alfredo Pasta
Fill a large pot of water half way then add a pinch of salt and place it over high heat on the stove top. Once you have boiling water, add the fettuccine then let it cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente. Strain the fettuccini then run it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add in 2 tbsp butter and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the skillet and let the garlic cook for 2 minutes.
Add in 1 cup chicken broth or some reserved pasta water, 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring every minute until it’s thickened.
If you want even creamier and rich sauce, you can add some cream cheese to the sauce. Cream cheese and heavy cream are not traditional to Alfredo sauce, but they are delicious and add extra flavor.
Grill the shrimp over direct heat and let them cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove them once they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
After the steak has rested for 10 minutes, thinly slice the steak against the grain for the most tender bite.
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the warm thickened sauce then thoroughly mix.
Serving the Steak and Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
Place the coated pasta on a plate then top with the sliced steak, grilled cajun shrimp then garnish with some red pepper flakes and fresh parsley and enjoy! Serve it up with some garlic bread for the perfect meal.
Looking for a great wine pairing with this meal? A white wine such as an Oaked Savion blanc or a buttery chardonnay pairs perfect!
If you happen to have leftovers or want to cook extra for meal prep, store the extra food in an airtight container for the next day or two.
Looking for other easy and delicious recipes?
Viral Cajun Chicken Alfredo: Juicy cajun chicken breast lathered in creamy Alfredo sauce. This is the perfect 20 minute weeknight meal you need in your go to rotation.
Steak and Shrimp Tacos with Chimichurri: Juicy grilled steak, spicy shrimp topped with a vibrant chimichurri for the ultimate bite. These will be your new favorite Taco Tuesday menu item.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders: Grilled chicken, crispy bacon, gooey cheese coated in zesty ranch. This one is super easy and highly addictive!
Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers: Juicy chicken marinated and seasoned with Korean BBQ flavors. Grill them up over some live fire for the ultimate flavor packed weeknight meal.Print
- 16 oz steak
- 10 shrimp
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Fettuccine Pasta
- Fine chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the grill for indirect cooking to reverse sear the steak.
- Season the steak with your favorite steak rub or a SPG mix (salt, black pepper and garlic powder). Insert the MEATER plus to monitor the internal temperature of the steak.
- Place the shrimp on a wooden skewer then season them with cajun seasoning or a blackening rub.
- Place the steak on the grill indirect of the heat then close the lid and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the steak reaches an internal temperature of 110°F, remove it from the grill and increase the heat to high heat.
- Remove the MEATER plus then sear the steak over direct heat searing both sides. Remove once seared on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 127°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in 2 tbsp of butter and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the skillet and let the garlic cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles in a pot of boiling water for 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- Add in 1 cup chicken broth or pasta water, 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- After a 10 minute rest, sllice the steak against the grain
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the pan with the thickened sauce and thoroughly mix.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes