These Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers are one of my family’s favorite things that I grill up.
They’re super easy to make and they are packed with a TON of delicious flavors. The grilled chicken gets beautifully caramelized from the marinade. The homemade sriracha mayo adds a spicy, creamy bite and the coleslaws adds some freshness to the meal.
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking to grill up some chicken!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Boneless skinless chicken thighs
Marinade: Liquid aminos, brown sugar, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, gochujang paste, sesame oil
Coleslaw: Cabbage, red cabbage, shredded carrots, green onions, liquid aminos, garlic, salt and black pepper
Homemade Sriracha Mayo: Avocado oil, egg, sriracha, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar
Seasoning: Korean BBQ Rub
How to make Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers
Put together the marinade by combining liquid aminos, brown sugar, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, gochujang paste and sesame oil in a large bowl then mix them.
Cut up the chicken thighs into 2 inch pieces then add them to the marinade and let them marinate for 2-12 hours. The longer you let them marinate, the more flavor the chicken will have.
Prior to cooking the chicken, assemble the sriracha mayo by combining avocado oil, egg, sriracha, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar in a bowl.
Take an immersion blender and blend all of the ingredients together until thickened.
Assemble the coleslaw by combining 2 cups finely shredded cabbage, 2 cups red cabbage, 2 cups shredded carrots, ¼ cup green onions, 2 tbsp liquid aminos, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
30 minutes prior to cooking the chicken, place some wooden skewers in water to help prevent them from burning during the cook.
Preheat the grill for cooking over high heat. I cooked these over Charcoal on my Kamado Joe for this cook so that I could add some delicious charcoal flavor into the meat.
Assemble the skewers on the soaked wooden skewer by adding the chicken and making sure they are tightly packed. Spray the chicken skewers with some avocado oil spray then season them with a Korean BBQ rub.
Grill the skewers over direct heat and rotate them every 3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Top them with the Sriracha Mayo, Korean BBQ sauce , toasted sesame seeds, and green onions. Serve with a side of the coleslaw and enjoy!
Looking for other skewer recipes?
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken Skewers: Sweet grilled chicken complimented with pineapple and sriracha mayo.
Greek Chicken Skewers: Classic greek flavors infused skewers are super fresh. Serve them with your favorite greek sides!
Jalapeno Popper Sausage Skewers: The best way to upgrade a sausage/brat is to add toppings! These are creamy and spicy and they make a perfect appetizer.Print
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup liquid aminos
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup of Avocado Oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put together the marinade by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and mixing them.
- Cut up chicken thighs into 2 inch pieces then add them to the marinade and let them marinate for 2-12 hours.
- Prior to cooking the chicken, assemble the sriracha mayo by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl. Take an immersion blender and blend until thickened
- 30 minutes prior to cooking the chicken, place wooden skewers in water to help prevent them from burning during the cook.
- Place the chicken on skewers making sure they are tightly packed.
- Spray the chicken with avocado oil spray then season them with a Korean BBQ rub
- Grill them over direct heat, rotating them every 3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Top them with the Sriracha Mayo and some Korean BBQ sauce and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes