This Smoked Marry Me Chicken Recipe is the perfect weeknight meal that will become a family favorite!
This dish has smoked chicken that’s smothered in a creamy sauce and served with a side of pasta.
Be sure to give this easy recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a delicious meal on any busy weeknights.
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
Sauce: Chicken stock, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, parmesan cheese, fresh basil
Seasonings: SPG blend (salt, black pepper, garlic powder), Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes
How to make my Smoked Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Prepare and smoke the chicken
Preheat smoker to 225° F using a hickory, cherry and oak blend of smoke flavor.
Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil on all of the chicken breasts then season all sides with SPG blend (salt, black pepper, garlic powder). Insert the MEATER Plus meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of the chicken breast. This will help provide perfect juicy chicken every single time.
Place the seasoned chicken breasts on the preheated smoker for 40 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 150° F
Boil the fettuccini noodles for 6 minutes until al dente then run them under cold water to stop the cooking.
Make the “Marry Me” Sauce
In a large skillet over medium heat, make the “Marry Me” sauce. Add butter to the skillet and let it melt then add in the minced garlic cloves and let it cook for 2- 3 minutes.
Whisk in 1 tbsp of flour then let it cook for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and 3/4 of heavy whipping cream then bring to a slow simmer.
Add in 1/3 cup of chopped sundried tomatoes, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes then let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the al dente fettuccini pasta then thoroughly mix in the warm sauce.
Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 150°F, finish the chicken breasts over a medium-high heat. Remove them once they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve up and enjoy!
Serve the coated fettuccine on a plate, then top it with a sliced smoked chicken breast. Drizzle extra sauce on top of the chicken then garnish with fresh basil or fresh parsley and enjoy!
Looking for the perfect wine pairing? Serve the dish with an oaked chardonnay or some Pinot Noir.
I like to make a few extra servings for an easy meal prep. Simply store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and enjoy reheated.
Looking for other easy weeknight meals?
Be sure to check out and try some of my other favorite recipes!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo – A creamy chicken dish that takes 20 minutes to make that the whole family will love!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders – Tender juicy chicken served with bacon and homemade ranch. There’s a good reason this recipe is super popular on social media.
Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers – Another easy chicken recipe that is packed with flavor. Marinate the chicken then grill them up on skewers and serve with homemade sriracha mayo.
Steak and Shrimp Alfredo Pasta – Steak and shrimp lathered together in a creamy Alfredo sauce. This is the perfect date night meal when you’re looking to stay in.Print
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp SPG Blend (salt, black pepper and garlic powder)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box fettuccini pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat smoker to 225° F using a hickory, cherry and oak blend of smoke flavor.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the chicken breasts then season all sides with SPG.
- Place the chicken on the smoker for 45 minutes until they reach 165° F
- Par boil the fettuccini noodles for 6 minutes then run them under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a skillet, make the “Marry Me” sauce. Add the butter and let it melt then toss in the garlic and let it cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Whisk in 1 tbsp of flour then slowly pour 1 cup of chicken broth and 3/4 of heavy whipping cream then bring to a slow simmer.
- Add in 1/3 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, the oregano and crushed red pepper flakes then let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the par boiled fettuccini then thoroughly mix in the warm sauce.
- Serve the coated fettuccine on a plate, top it with a sliced smoked chicken breast then drizzle extra sauce on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes