This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe went extremely viral on social media with more than 100 million views. Why? Because it’s super simple to make and it’s insanely delicious!
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a delicious meal during busy week!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Chicken Breast
Alfredo Sauce: Heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, corn starch, grated Parmesan Cheese, minced garlic, unsalted butter
Seasoning: Smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic herb blend
Pasta: Fetuchini noodles
How to make Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Start by putting together the Homemade Cajun Seasoning by combine all of the seasonings in a bowl and mixing them thoroughly.
Add some olive oil on the chicken breast as a binder then generously season all sides of the chicken.
I recommend adding more seasoning than you think as it will cook out in the pan. It is best to season your chicken a few hours ahead of time if you can, otherwise season and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Place the chicken breasts in skillet over medium heat and flip the chicken every 3 minutes. Remove it from the pan once it reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. I recommend letting the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain. This will allow the juices in the chicken to redistribute throughout the meat.
Add in 2 tbsp of butter and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the skillet and let the garlic cook for 1 minute.
In a pot, bring the water to a boil then add in the fettuccine noodles and let them cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente. Once they are done, strain them and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Add in 1 cup chicken broth or pasta water to help deglaze the pan from the cooked chicken. Be sure to lightly scrape the bottom. Once deglazed, add in 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 tbsp of corn starch and 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Once the sauce has thickened, add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the pan and thoroughly mix to ensure all of the noodles are cooked.
Serve on a plate and top with sliced chicken and fresh parsley.
- 3 medium chicken breast
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Fettuccine Noodle
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic herb blend
- Combine all of the seasonings then season all sides of the chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken in skillet and flip every 3 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Remove from the pan once it hits temp and set it aside.
- Add in 2 tbsp of butter and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the skillet and let the garlic cook for 1 minute.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles in a pot for 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- Add in 1 cup chicken broth or pasta water, 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp corn starch, 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the pan and thickened sauce and thoroughly mix.
- Serve on a plate and top with sliced chicken and fresh parsley.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes