Bacon cheeseburger stuffed bread is one of those meals I can easily eat on a weekly basis.
It has delicious juicy burger stuffed with cheese and it’s topped with your favorite burger toppings. This can be a quick was meal or the perfect appetizer at your next gathering. Either way, you’ve been warned – this recipe is highly addictive!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Ground beef – I used whole muscle ground beef from BetterFed Beef which is super tender and has a ton of great flavor in it.
Toppings: Ketchup and pickled jalapeños
Bread and stuffing: hollowed out French baguette, shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Bread
Start by cutting the top third off of a French baguette and removing most of the bread on the inside. be careful not to hollow it out too deep where it goes through the baguette.
In the hollowed baguette, add the cheddar and pepper jack cheese to the bottom of the bread.
Next, add the ground beef to the bread filling it all the way to the top of the hollowed baguette. Season the outside with your favorite burger seasoning.
Place the stuff bread meat side down over direct heat for 5 minutes on the Nomad Grill. Flip the bread over and move it indirectly of the heat. Add precooked crispy bacon and some freshly shredded cheddar cheese on top and let it cook for another 10 minutes until the beef reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. If you like your ground beef on the pink side, cook to your desired doneness.
Cut the bread into 2 inch wide pieces then top it with pickled jalapeños and drizzle on ketchup and/or mustard. You can easily add any of your favorite burger toppings on top of this creation. Serve and enjoy!Print
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 french baguette
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Pickled jalapeños
- Take 2 baguettes, cut off the top ⅓ and hollow out and remove the bread in the bottom ⅔ of the bread.
- Place 1 cup of pepper jack cheese in the bottom, then place 1 lb of 80/20 burger on top of it and season it with your favorite burger rub
- Place on the grill meat side down and grill over direct heat for 5-10 mins.
- Flip over on bread side, then remove to indirect heat and cook for another 10 mins until internal temp reaches 165°F.
- The last 10 mins, place fresh grated cheddar cheese on top with crispy bacon
- Cut bread into 2 inch slices then top with ketchup, mustard and pickled Jalapeños
- Serve on a dish and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes