You’ve got to trust me – this Peanut Butter Bacon Jam Burger is one the most satisfying bites you’ll ever have. Sweet, salty, with a little bit of a kick and you’re on your way to being addicted!
Burgers are by far one of my favorite things to grill up. There are so many great flavor options out there and this is easily one of the most underrated burger flavors. You have to give this one a try!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: The OG burger patties from Meat District
Bacon Jam: Bacon, onion, pickled jalapeños, apple cider vinegar, grape jelly, honey and brown sugar
Toppings: Crunchy peanut butter and American Cheese
How to make a Peanut Butter Bacon Jam Burger
Start by forming up thew burger into 1/3 pound patties and season them with your favorite burger rub.
Next, put together your bacon jam. Chop up the bacon into bite sized pieces then place them in a frying pan and cook until they start to become crispy.
Remove the bacon, drain the excess bacon fat from the pan and save 1 tbsp. Place that tbsp back in the pan and fry up the diced onions for 4-6 minutes until the start to become translucent.
Add the bacon back in with the jalapeños, grape jelly, apple cider vinegar, honey and brown sugar. Stir so all of the ingredients are combined and let it cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Once it begins to thicken, remove it from the heat and set aside for later.
Grill the burgers over direct heat on the Nomad Grill and add cheese on the burger once it’s just about done.
Once the cheese has melted, it’s time to assemble your masterpiece. Add your burger patty, top it with the bacon jam you already cooked. Spread the crunch peanut butter on the top bun and place it on top.
Dive in and enjoy every last sweet and salty bite!Print
- 1 pound of 80/20 ground beef
- 3 slices of American Cheese
- 3 brioche buns
For the Bacon Jam
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Season your burger with your favorite bbq rub
- Make your bacon jam by chopping up then frying 1/2 lb of bacon.
- Once crispy, remove bacon then fry up 1/2 diced onion for about 5 mins. Add bacon back in with 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, 1 cup grape jelly, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cook for 5-10 minutes until thickened
- Grill burgers over direct heat until desired doneness, then move them indirect and add American cheese and let it melt.
- Assemble burger with patty, grape bacon jam, 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30