Cajun Surf N Turf Frites are the ultimate flavor packed meal perfect for any night! Savory beef, paired with spicy shrimp will leave you craving more!
This meal for two will spice up the ultimate in home date night! Be sure to give this recipe a try next time you’re craving steak and seafood.
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Ribeye steak and Colossal shrimp
Cajun Butter: Butter, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper
Frites: French fries, parsley and Truffle Parmesan Blend
How to make Cajun Surf N Turf Frites
Start off by applying an avocado oil binder to a ribeye and season it with a salt, pepper garlic blend on both sides. Optional: let the steak come to room temp 45-60 minutes prior to cooking the steak. This helps the steak tender and cook more evenly.
Insert a Meatermade MEATER plus to help monitor the internal temperature on the cook. I am going with a perfect medium rare on this cook, so I am targeting an internal temperature of 135°F.
The star of the show here is the Cajun Compound Butter. Make this ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator until it’s time to rest your steak.
Today I’m cooking with my Nomad Grill. I’m smoking the ribeye at 250F for about 20 mins, then I will sear it over direct heat on both sides until it reaches 127F.
Remove the steak from the grill, put it on a plate then top it with two slices of the Cajun Compound Butter and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
While the steak is resting, cook the blackened seasoned shrimp over direct heat for a 2-3 minutes each side.
When the ribeye is done resting, slice it against the grain for the most tender bite.
Serve the steak and shrimp on a plate with Parmesan truffle fries.Print
- 16oz Ribeye
- 12 colossal shrimp
For the compound butter
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Season your ribeye with salt, pepper garlic on both sides using an olive oil binder
- Insert Meatermade MEATER plus to watch the internal temp
- Make Cajun compound: 1 stick softened butter, 3 cloves finely minced garlic, 1 tsp each: Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, parsley, cayenne pepper
- Mix well, then place in plastic wrap and roll into a stick of butter and place it in the fridge for 30 mins
- Smoke the ribeye at 250F for about 20 mins, then sear it over direct heat on both sides until it reaches 127F
- Let it rest for 10-15 mins with 2 slices of compound butter
- Cook shrimp over direct heat for a few mins each side
- Slice the ribeye against the grain
- Serve shrimp and steak on a plate with Parmesan truffle fries
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35