Garlic Parmesan Wings are by far one of my favorite flavors of wings to make. What takes them to the next level is coating them in my homemade garlic parmesan sauce!
Wings are hands down my favorite thing to grill up when I’m looking to relax out on in the backyard. There are so many flavor variations of wings you can make and they just never get boring to me. On top of all the great flavor options, you also have many different ways that you can cook them. Smoked, grilled, deep fried, air fried, smoked then deep fried and one of my favorites – smoked then air fried.
Be sure to give this sauce a try on the next wings you make. How you cook them is completely up to you, but this sauce is so dang good!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Chicken Wings
Seasoning: SPG Blend, BBQ rub and hot sauce
Sauce: Mayo, apple cider vinegar, grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, dried basil and dried oregano
How to make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Separate the drums and flats by using a sharp knife to cut each whole wing at the knuckle.
Use hot sauce as a binder and season the chicken wings with SPG and your favorite BBQ rub. Add in some corn starch which will help get the chicken skin nice and crispy.
Place the wings on the smoker at 350°F for 1 hour flipping them at the 30 minute mark.
While the wings are smoking, put together the homemade garlic parmesan sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl then mix is thoroughly until the sauce is creamy.
Once the wings reach an internal temp of 185F, remove them from the grill.
Place them in a bowl, add in the garlic parmesan sauce then toss them so they are completely coated in the sauce.
Serve the on a plate and dip them in your favorite hot sauce for a little extra kick.
If you love wings, be sure to check out my Teriyaki Wing recipe as well!Print
- 3 pounds of whole chicken wings
- 2 tbsp SPG (salt, pepper garlic powder blend)
- 1 tbsp BBQ rub
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp each: dried basil and dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Separate the drums and flats by cutting each whole wing at the knuckle.
- Use hot sauce as a binder and season the chicken wings with SPG, your favorite BBQ rub and corn starch.
- Smoke the wings at 350°F for 1 hour flipping them half way through.
- Put together the homemade garlic parmesan sauce.
- Once the wings reach an internal temp of 185F, remove them from the grill.
- Place them in a bowl and toss them in the garlic parmesan sauce
- Serve and dip them in your favorite hot sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes