Chicken Bacon Ranch Queso needs to be on your menu at your next BBQ or game day!
This smokey, zesty dish is super easy to make and it goes a long ways, so you’ll be able to please a crowd.
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Chicken and bacon
Cheese: Queso blanco Velveeta, pepper jack and mozzarella cheese
Seasoning: Ranch seasoning packet
Garnish: Homemade Ranch, green onions and bacon
How to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Queso
Get your smoker set to a temperature of 225°F. I smoked with cherry wood because I love the sweet smoke flavor it gives off.
Remove the spine from the whole chicken by carefully cutting out the spine with a pair of sharp kitchen shears. Break the breast bone by pressing down on the chicken breast side up. Flip the chicken back over then cut it in half.
Season the chicken with a SPG blend (salt, pepper and garlic powder) on all sides. I inserted my Meatermade MEATER Plus probe in the chicken breast to monitor the internal temperature of my chicken. This will help provide some delicious juicy chicken and prevent it from drying out.
Place the chicken indirectly on the smoker for 60-90 minutes. Once it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, remove it from the smoker then shred the smoked chicken from the bones.
If you want to save time, you can skip the smoked chicken step and use a pre cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store.
Increase the smoker temperature to 325°F then combine all of the ingredients together in an aluminum foil pan.
Place the pan indirectly on the smoker for 30 minutes and give it a stir every 10 minutes. Once the cheese is fully melted, remove the pan from the smoker.
Drizzle some homemade ranch over the top and add some crispy bacon and chopped green onions.
Serve the Chicken Bacon Ranch Queso warm with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!Print
- 1 pound of shredded chicken
- 1 pound of bacon
- 32 oz Queso Blanco Velveeta
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- Set your smoker to 225°F and toss in some cherry wood.
- Remove the spine from the whole chicken, break the breast bone and cut it in half.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder blend.
- Smoke the chicken for 60-90 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature reaches 165°F, remove it from the smoker and increase the smoker temp to 325°F.
- Shred the chicken then combine all of the ingredients together in an aluminum foil pan.
- Place back on the smoker for 30 minutes and stir every 10 minutes.
- Top with ranch, crispy bacon and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!