Hot Honey Chicken Jalapeno Poppers are an upgrade to one of the most classic smoked appetizers out there. They provide some delicious sweet heat followed up with some smoked cream cheese flavoring.
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking to make an appetizer for your next gathering. These things will go quick, so make sure you make s few extra!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Bacon
Filling: Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, mayo
How to make Hot Honey Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Trim all of the excess fat off of the chicken thighs with a sharp knife. Generously season both sides of the chicken thighs with Morning Buzz Hot Honey Rub.
Prepare your grill for direct heat cooking to grill up the chicken. I used my Nomad Grill for this cook because it gives me the ability to grill with high heat then damper it down to smoke the jalapeño poppers with afterwards.
Place the chicken directly on the grill grates flipping them every 2-3 minutes to help build up some char flavor. Once they reach an internal temperature of 165°F, remove them from the grill and place them on a plate to rest.
Cook 1 pound of bacon in a pan until crispy then place the pieces on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
Chop both the chicken and bacon into bite sized pieces. Combine them in a bowl with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and mayo. Mix thoroughly so that all of the ingredients are fully combined.
Next, prepare the jalapeños by slicing them in half. Carefully remove the core and seeds with a spoon and dispose of them.
Stuff each halved jalapeño with the mixture from the bowl then place them on an oiled wire rack.
Place the wire rack full of poppers indirectly on the smoker at 250°F and let them smoke for 30 minutes with cherry wood.
Once the jalapeños look like they have softened, remove them from the smoker. Drizzle some hot honey on top of the poppers then garnish with some freshly cut up chives on top.Print
- 12 jalapeños
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp Morning Buzz Hot Honey rub
- Trim all of the excess fat off of the chicken thighs then season them with Morning Buzz Hot Honey rub.
- Grill them over direct heat until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Let them rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Cook 1 pound of bacon until crispy then place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.
- Chop up the chicken and bacon into bite sized pieces then combine them in a bowl with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and mayo. Mix thoroughly so that all of the ingredients are combined.
- Slice the jalapeños in half, then take out the core and seeds.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the mixture from the bowl then place them on an oiled wire rack.
- Place the wired rack on the smoker at 250°F for 30 minutes.
- Once the jalapeños are softened, remove them from the smoker. Drizzle hot honey on top and garnish with chives.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes