Calling all cheese lovers! Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Apples is the delicious appetizer you didn’t know you needed until now!
This is a super easy recipe to follow and it will quickly become a crowd favorite! It consists of salty prosciutto, creamy brie cheese, topped with sautéed apples and some hot honey.
Be sure to give this a try this holiday season, it’s a great addition to any gathering you need the perfect appetizer for.
Ingredients you will need
Creamy Cheese: Brie cheese wheel
Seasoning: BBQ Rub
Apple topping: Green apple, honeycrisp apples or any sweet apples work great! Brown sugar, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, butter and pecans
Drizzle: Hot honey or balsamic glaze
How to make Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Apples
Cooking the Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Apples
Get your smoker preheated to 325°F using apple wood for a sweet smokey flavor. I prefer to use a pellet grill for this cook because they typically have great air flow and that will help the prosciutto get nice and crispy.
On a plate, layout each slice of prosciutto overlapping each other in a circle.
Leave the rind on and place the brie in the middle of the laid out prosciutto then wrap the brie so it’s fully enclosed.
Lightly season the outside of the prosciutto with your favorite BBQ rub. Place the prosciutto wrapped brie on a wire rack to help transport to and from the smoker.
Place the wire rack on the smoker, indirectly of the heat at 325° F for 40 minutes.
Slice a baguette diagonally into small pieces. Place each piece of bread on a cookie sheet then drizzle olive oil on top. Bake it at 350°F for 10 minutes until toasted then set aside for serving.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the apple slices, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
Place a small cast iron skillet on the grill over medium heat with the butter. Once it’s melted add the apple mixture. Stir them every 3-4 minutes until the apples begin to soften.
Once the brie on the inside of the prosciutto begins to bubble and appears to be melted, remove it from the smoker.
Serving the Smoked Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Apples
Slice the smoked brie in half with a sharp knife then chop up all of the prosciutto into bite sized pieces.
Place it on a serving platter then slice the brie in half and top it with the apple mixture.
Drizzle hot honey on top then cut up an individual piece of prosciutto then serve it on a toasted baguette piece.
If you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat the prosciutto-wrapped brie
Looking for other great appetizers?
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite receipts below!
Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Wings: Grilled chicken wings with fresh chimichurri is the perfect combination. Made with simple ingredients, chicken doesn’t get any more flavor packed than this!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders: Sliders are one of my favorite things to make! They’re a super simple appetizer and the perfect finger food when having guests over. These delicious handheld bites are loaded with grilled chicken, crispy bacon and homemade ranch dressing.
Smoked Street Corn Queso: With over 15 million views on social media, this is one of the favorites! It’s a super easy appetizer to make and it’s packed all different types of cheese for creamy, rich flavor.
Bourbon Bacon Jam Chicken Wings: Juicy grilled chicken wings coated in a sweet maple syrup bourbon bacon jam. These wings are next level and will be the talk of your next BBQ.
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: Creamy, smoked cheese infused with spicy buffalo sauce and grilled chunks of chicken. We call this an appetizer, but it has the ability to be the main star of the show!Print
- 8 oz wheel of brie
- 8 oz of prosciutto
- 1 tbsp of BBQ rub
- 1 french baguette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Get your smoker set to 325°F using apple wood for a sweet smokey flavor.
- On a plate, layout all of the prosciutto overlapping in a circle.
- Place the brie in the middle of the laid out prosciutto, then wrap the brie so it’s fully enclosed.
- Add some BBQ rub to the outside of the prosciutto then place it on a wire rack.
- Place the wire rack on the smoker at 325°F for 40 minutes
- Slice a baguette diagonally into small pieces. Place the pieces on a cookie sheet then drizzle olive oil on top. Bake it at 350°F for 10 minutes until toasted then set aside for serving.
- In a bowl, mix together the slices of apples, lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a small cast iron skillet on the grill over medium heat with the butter. Once it’s melted add the apple mixture. Stir them every 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Once the brie inside of the prosciutto is softened, remove it from the smoker.
- Slice into the brie and chop up all of the prosciutto into bite sized pieces.
- Place it on a serving plate then top with the apple mixture.
- Drizzle hot honey on top then serve with the toasted baguette pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes