These steak street corn tacos might become one of the most addicting things you’ll make this summer! Grilled steak, topped with street corn and Jalapeño lime ranch might just be one of the best bites you’ve had in a long time.
This recipe is super easy and delicious to make and you can have dinner ready in under 45 minutes. Be sure to give this recipe a try to upgrade your next taco night!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Ribeye steak – you can use your favorite cut of steak for this cook, but ribeye’s are in high demand for a reason!
For the Street Corn: Fresh sweet corn, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, Cotija cheese, mayo, lime juice, salt, chili powder and paprika
Homemade Ranch: Mayo, sour cream, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, salt dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder
For the tacos: Corn tortillas, Oaxaca Cheese and hot sauce
How to make Steak Street Corn Tacos
Start off by making the Mexican Street Corn Salad – you can find the full recipe here. Refrigerate the corn salsa until it’s time to serve with the tacos.
Next, put together the Jalapeño Lime Ranch and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the food. You can also use a Chipotle Lime Ranch for a bit of a different flavor profile.
I am using a ribeye from friends over at BetterFed Beef which is by far one of my favorite places to get steak from due to the high quality product they produce. Generously season the ribeye with your favorite steak rub and insert a Meatermade MEATER Plus to help track the internal temps for a perfect medium rare on this cook.
Sear the steak over direct heat on the Nomad Grills for 3 minutes each side then move it indirect of the heat. Remove it from the grill once it reaches an internal temperature of 123°F.
Let it rest for 10 minutes which will raise the internal temperature to 135°F for a perfect medium rare. Once it’s done resting, slice it against the grain for a tender bite.
Assemble your tacos on a corn tortilla with some melted Oaxaca cheese. Add a serving of chopped up steak, street corn salad and drizzle on some homemade Jalapeño Lime Ranch.Print
- 16oz Ribeye
- 8 oz Oaxaca cheese
- 8 yellow corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp steak rub
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
Jalapeño Lime Ranch Ingredients
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro
Street Corn Ingredients
- 4 ears of grilled corn
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ diced red onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ½ cup Cotija cheese
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Start by grilling corn cobs over direct charcoal on the grill for 6 minutes rotating it every 2 minutes until some char forms.
- Assemble the street corn by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and placing it in the refrigerator until later.
- Create the Jalapeno lime ranch by combining all of the ingredients into a food processor and mix it until combined.
- Apply avocado oil to the ribeye then season it with your favorite steak rub on both sides.
- Grill it over direct heat until it reaches an internal temp of 130°F. Let it rest for 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- Assemble the taco on a corn tortilla with 1 oz melted Oaxaca cheese, street corn and top it with jalapeno lime ranch.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30