If you love pizza and burgers, you need to give this Grilled Pizza Burger a try!
I was a bit skeptical when I gave this a bite, but I have to say I would honestly make it again. You get the satisfaction of pizza taste, but the meaty bite of a burger. I would even venture out and add more types of pizza toppings for additional flavors.
Be sure to give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Burger patties – I used some from Meat District
Toppings: Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce, brioche bun
Seasoning: Salt, pepper, garlic powder
How to make a Grilled Pizza Burger
Begin by setting up your grill with two zone cooking. I am using my Nomad Grill for this cook to smoke the patties. Toss in some hickory or cherry wood – I absolutely love cherry wood and the sweet smoke flavor it gives.
Place the patties on the indirect side of the grill grates and let them smoke at 275°F for 20 minutes. These patties were frozen, so if you are using thawed burger meat, reduce the time in half.
Add some seasoning once the patties have some nice smoke color and begin to thaw.
Place the patties over the direct charcoal for 2 minutes each side to sear them off and add some nice char.
Move them back to the indirect side of the grill, then add pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperonis. Close the lid on the grill and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
Once the patties reach 155°F, remove them from the grill. Place the pizza burger on a toasted brioche bun with some more pizza sauce.
Grab a napkin and dive right in!Print
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 pieces of pepperoni
- 1 tbsp of salt, pepper and garlic powder seasoning blend
- 2 brioche buns
- Set your grill to 275°F and get it set for indirect cooking. Add in cherry wood for sweet smoke flavor.
- Cook the patties indirectly for 20 mins, then season them with SPG blend.
- Sear the patties over direct heat for 2 mins each side, then move back indirect.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and pepperonis then close the lid and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Assemble the burger on a toasted brioche bun with more pizza sauce and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 25 minutes