Just when wings couldn’t get any better… we wrapped them in bacon. These Smoked bacon wrapped chicken wings are super juicy with crispy bacon and smothered in a Honey BBQ sauce.
These wings are super easy to make and pack a ton of flavor in each bite. Juicy, smoked chicken, crispy bacon, sweet-sticky BBQ sauce on the outside for the ultimate bite.
Be sure to serve these up for your next game day or gathering, they’re guaranteed to be a huge hit!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Chicken Wings, thin sliced bacon
Sauce: BBQ Sauce and honey
Seasoning: Sweet Preacher BBQ Rub
How to make Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings
Preheat the smoker to 325° F and use cherry wood for a sweet smoky flavor.
Cut the whole chicken wings at each knuckle separating the drums and flats and discarding of the wing tips. I always buy my chicken wings whole because they’re cheaper and the wings tend to be of better quality.
Put together my homemade ranch by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing them together. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Put the wings in a bowl, then coat them in 1 tbsp of hot sauce. The hot sauce will serve as a binder helping the seasoning stick. Since these wings are fairly sweet, you will not taste the hot sauce. Generously season the chicken wings with a BBQ rub ensuring they are all coated evenly.
Cut the thin sliced bacon in half, then wrap half a slice around each chicken wing. Be sure to tuck the loose bacon end in so that the bacon holds together.
Place the wings on an oiled wire rack then put them on the smoker at 325° F for 60 minutes. The wire rack helps with transporting the wings to and from the smoker, but it also helps hold the bacon together throughout the cook.
Once the internal temperature reaches 175° F, brush on some BBQ sauce mixed with honey then let them cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove the wings once they reach an internal temperature of 185° F and the sauce tacks up.
Garnish the tops of the wings with chives then serve them up with homemade ranch and enjoy!
Looking for other delicious wings?
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes below!
Bourbon Bacon Jam Wings: Grille chicken wings smothered in a sweet and stick bourbon bacon jam.
Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Wings: Crispy, juicy chicken coated in some bright, fresh chimichurri. These could possibly be some of the best wings of all time!
Chili Garlic Chicken Wings: Smokey chicken wings smothered and covered in a spicy garlic sauce. These are a major upgrade to the classic buffalo wings.
Garlic Parmesan Wings: Grilled chicken wings that are coated in a homemade Garlic Parmesan sauce. This wing flavor is one of the OG classics for a reason!
Smoked Teriyaki Wings: Smoky, crispy wings marinated in a homemade Teriyaki Sauce. These wings are packed with flavor and are a huge crowd pleaser.Print
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 pound of thin sliced bacon
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Preacher BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp chives for garnish
- Preheat the smoker to 325° F and use cherry wood for a sweet smoky flavor.
- Cut the whole chicken wings at each knuckle separating the drums and flats and discarding of the wing tips.
- Put together the homemade ranch by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing.
- Use hot sauce as a binder then season the chicken wings with a BBQ rub.
- Cut the thin sliced bacon in half, then wrap half a slice around each chicken wing. Be sure to tuck the loose bacon in so that the bacon holds together.
- Place the wings on a wire rack then put them on the smoker at 325° F for 60 minutes.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 175° F, brush on some BBQ sauce mixed with honey then let them cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove them once the sauce tacks up and garnish with chives.
- Dip them in homemade ranch and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes