Sweet and Spicy Pork Jerky is one of the best snacks you can make!
Jerky is traditionally made with beef, but using pork is a much cheaper alternative and it’s seriously delicious!
Be sure to give this recipe a try the next time you’re thinking about making some homemade jerky!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Pork loin
Marinade: liquid aminos, sriracha, honey, Teriyaki sauce, minced garlic and ginger paste
Glaze: Sriracha, honey, Korean Chili Flakes and Sesame Seeds
How to make Sweet and Spicy Pork Jerky
Trim the excess fat and silver skin off of your partially frozen pork loin. Cutting it up when it’s partially frozen makes trimming and slicing way easier to work with.
Cut the pork loin in half so you are working in about 3 pound batch. Freeze the other half and save it, make more jerky or cut it into pork chops.
With a sharp knife, slice the pork loin into ¼ inch thick pieces then place them in a ziploc bag.
Make the marinade by combining the liquid aminos, sriracha, honey, Teriyaki sauce, minced garlic and ginger paste
Pour the mixture into the zip lock bag then let it marinate for 8-24 hours. The longer the pork marinates, the more flavor it will absorb.
Once done marinating the pork, remove them from the bag and place them on your smoker. Smoke them indirectly with cherry wood at 185°F for 4 hours.
The last 30 minutes, brush on a 50/50 blend of honey and sriracha.
Remove from heat, top with black and white sesame seeds and Korean chili flakes, then let it cool down and enjoy a perfect snack! Store this in a Ziplock bag for up to a week, otherwise you can freeze some of it in a vacuum sealed bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Be sure to check out my Homemade Beef Jerky recipe for more delicious snacks.Print
- 3 pound pork loin
For the Marinade
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup teriyaki
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Korean chili flakes
- Trim the excess fat and silver skin off of your partially frozen pork loin.
- Cut the loin in half so you are working in about 3lb batches
- Slice the loin into ¼ inch thick pieces then, place them in a ziplock bag
- Combine the marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mixture into the ziplock bag and let it marinate 8-24 hours – the longer, the better
- Place the slices on your smoker and smoke them with cherry wood at 185F for 4 hours
- The last 30 minutes, brush on a 50/50 blend of honey and sriracha (2 tbsp each)
- Remove from heat, top with black and white sesame seeds and korean chili flakes, then let it cool down and enjoy a perfect snack!