Next time you’re craving burger, be sure to give this easy patty melt recipe a try!
It’s loaded with a grilled burger patty, caramelized onions and a spicy burger sauce surrounded by some sweet brioche bread.
This is super easy to make, so be sure to give it a try!
Ingredient you will need
Meat: 80/20 ground beef
Bread: Brioche Bread or Sourdough
Cheese: White cheddar cheese
Caramelized Onion: Red onion, salt and butter
Sauce: Mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickled jalapeños and smoked paprika
How to make a patty melt
Start off by making the burger sauce by combining the mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickled jalapeños and smoked paprika. Mix until fully combined and set aside for later.
Cut up one red onion into slices then cook it on the griddle with butter over medium heat for 10 minutes until they caramelize.
Form ground beef into burger patties then season with your favorite burger seasoning. For this cook, I used some frozen burger patties so I began cooking them then seasoned the patties with some 187 BBQ Beef Rub.
Cook the burger patties on hot griddle for 2-3 minutes per side. I like to make sure that the burger forms some good crust on each side of the patty which will add a ton of flavor into every bite.
Cast iron gets really hot and sears meat very well, so if you do not have a griddle I would recommend checking out a cast iron skillet.
Add two slices of white cheddar cheese to each burger patty then let it cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.
I like to pull my burgers off once they reach an internal temperature of 150°F. When you pull the burger patty off of the grill, it will continue cooking for a few minutes so be sure to take that into consideration.
Spread some mayo on each side of the brioche bread then place it down on the griddle and cook until they are toasted.
Assemble the patty melt by spreading the sauce on both pieces of bread then add the burger patty in the middle.
Serve with a side of french fries or chips and enjoy!Print
- 1 pound of burger
- 4 slices of brioche bread
- 4 slices of white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Form ground beef into burger patties then season with your favorite burger seasoning.
- Make the burger sauce by combining the mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickled jalapeños and smoked paprika. Mix until fully combined and set aside for later.
- Place them down on a hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add two slices of white cheddar cheese to each burger and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes until it melts.
- Spread mayo on the brioche bread then toast each side on the griddle.
- Assemble the melt on the toasted bread with sauce on the top and the bottom.