BBQ Pork Rib Elote Tacos are one of my favorite tacos to make.
They’re loaded up with smoked BBQ ribs and topped with a grilled street corn salad and a zesty chipotle lime ranch.
Next time you’re in the mood for pork ribs, give this recipe a try!
Ingredients you will need
Meat: Baby back pork ribs or spare ribs
Seasoning: BBQ Rub
Mexican Street Corn Salad: Corn, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, Cotija Cheese, mayo, lime juice, salt and smoked paprika
Taco: Corn tortillas and Oaxaca Cheese
Chipotle Lime Ranch: Mayo, sour cream, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
How to make BBQ Pork Rib Elote Tacos
Begin by getting your smoker fired up and set to a temperature of 225°F. I smoked these ribs with cherry wood to help give the pork a sweet smoke flavor profile.
Next, remove the membrane from the back of the rack of ribs. Get your finger under the membrane then lift it up from the middle and pull.
Lightly coat the ribs with yellow mustard – it will serve as a binder and help the seasoning stick to the meat.
Generously season the rack of ribs with your favorite BBQ rub on both sides. Let it sit with the rub on it for 10-20 minutes until the pork begins to sweat.
Place the ribs on the smoker at 225°F for 3 hours. Spritz them every hour with some apple juice and apple cider vinegar to help build up some flavorful bark.
At the 3 hour mark, wrap the ribs in some aluminum foil with some brown sugar, butter, honey and apple juice. Put them back on the smoker and let them cook for another 2 hours.
As the ribs are smoking, assemble the Mexican Street Corn Salad
Combine all of the ingredients for the Homemade Chipotle Lime Ranch then place it in the fridge until later.
Unwrap the ribs and place them in the aluminum foil meat side up. Apply your favorite BBQ sauce on the ribs and let them cook for another 30 minutes until the sauce tacks up.
Remove them from the smoker then cut them into individual ribs.
Assemble them on a corn tortilla with some melted Oaxaca Cheese, Mexican street corn salad and top them with chipotle lime ranch. .Print
For the ribs
- 1 rack of pork baby back ribs
- 3 tbsp BBQ rub
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- Fire up the smoker and get it set to a temperature of 225°F.
- Use yellow mustard as a binder and season the ribs on both sides with a BBQ rub.
- Place on the smoker for 3 hours and spritz them every hour with some apple juice.
- Wrap them in foil with butter, brown sugar, honey and apple juice then place back on the smoker for 2 more hours.
- Make the Mexican street corn salad and the homemade chipotle lime ranch.
- Unwrap them from the foil, add BBQ sauce and let them cook for another 30-45 minutes until the BBQ tacks up.
- Cut the ribs individually then assemble them on a corn tortilla with Oaxaca Cheese, Mexican street corn salad and chipotle lime ranch.