This Chicken Bacon Ranch Cheesesteak is one of my favorite things to make for my family.
This sandwich is a spin off of the classic Philly Cheesesteak and it quite honestly gives it a run for its money. It’s loaded with juicy chicken, crispy bacon, peppers, onions and cheese all swaddled up cozy in a hoagie bun.
Be sure to give this recipe a try next time you’re looking for an easy 20 minute meal the whole family will love!
Ingredients you will need
Protein: Boneless skinless chicken thighs and thick cut bacon
Veggies: Yellow onion, garlic, red and green bell pepper
Cheese: Cheddar and mozzarella cheese
Bread: Hoagie bun
Garnish: Finely cut up chives
Homemade Ranch: Mayo, sour cream, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, dill, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
How to make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Cheesesteak
Start by combining all of the ingredients for the homemade ranch in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Store in a glass jar until it’s time to use it later. This will be good for up to 1 week.
Slice the green and red bell peppers into thin strips then dice up the onion and place them all in a bowl.
Next, trim the excess fat off of the chicken thighs, then cut them and the bacon into bite sized pieces.
Place the chicken and bacon on a griddle over medium high heat then season with The Usual rub. Let them cook for 6-8 minutes stirring them every 2 minutes.
Move the chicken and bacon to one side of the griddle then add the pepper and onions on the other side.
Let them cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat then combine the meat and the peppers and onions into one big pile.
Place the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the combined ingredients. Once the cheese has melted, mix the cheese in then form two separate piles the size of your bun.
Scoop the pile into a hoagie bun then drizzle homemade ranch on top and garnish with chives.
Dive right in to this monster of a sandwich!Print
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 slice of mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 hoagie buns
- 2 tbsp chives for garnish
- 1 tbsp The Usual Rub from Fire and Smoke Society
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Rodeo Ranch from Fire and Smoke Society
- Start by combining all of the ingredients for the homemade ranch in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Store in a glass jar until it’s time to use it later. This is good for up to 1 week.
- Slice the peppers into strips and dice up your onion
- Chop up the chicken thighs and the bacon into bite sized pieces
- Place your chicken and bacon on your hot griddle and season then with The Usual rub. Cook them for about 8 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
- Move chicken and bacon to one side of the griddle then add pepper and onions on the other side. Let them saute for about 5 minutes then combine the meat and the peppers and onions into one pile.
- Place cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the pile. Once it’s melted, mix everything together and form two separate piles the size of your bun.
- Place the bun on top and take a long spatula and flip it into the sandwich.
- Drizzle on homemade ranch and top it with chives.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes