This Mexican street corn salad is the perfect side dish for any BBQ! It is so versatile and it will add a ton of flavor to any meal you pair it with. It only takes a little over 20 minutes to put together which is mostly done by hand chopping the ingredients.
Be sure to give this recipe a try as a side dish, or even serve it up on your favorite tacos! Either way, it’s a definite game changer!
Ingredients you will need
You can easily find all of this produce at your local grocery store. Be sure to grab the freshest produce you can find so that it will last longer in the fridge should there be any leftovers.
Fresh produce: Sweet corn, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, red bell pepper and garlic
Dairy: Cotija cheese and mayo
Seasonings: Chili powder, smoked paprika and salt
How to make Mexican Street Corn Salad
You will want to start out by firing up your grill. It’s best to cook over live fire as it will add layers of flavor to this dish.
Shuck the husk off of the corn and grill them over open flame for 6 mins, rotating the corn every minute. I grilled these on my Nomad Grill. You want the char that forms up on the corn – that means more flavor! Once they are charred to your preference, remove them from the heat. Once the corn has cooled down, cut the kernels from the cob.
Hand chop all of the ingredients then combine them all in a bowl. Add the Cotija cheese, mayo, lime juice and seasonings to the bowl and mix until fully combined.
This dish can be served up warm or cold. If you are serving it warm, serve it immediately. If you are serving it cold, refrigerate until you are ready to eat it. You can place this on tacos or scoop up every flavor packed bite with some of your favorite chips. This will be good in the fridge for 1-2 days.Print
- 4 ears of grilled corn
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ diced red onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ½ cup Cotija cheese
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Dump hot charcoal into your grill and setup for direct cooking. Live fire works best for this cook which will add an extra layer of flavor.
- Grill the ears of corn over direct charcoal for 6 minutes rotating the corn every 2 minutes to build up some char.
- Let the corn cool down then carefully slice the corn from the husk
- Combine it in a bowl with the red bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, red onion, cilantro, Cotija cheese, mayo, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and lime juice.
- Mix it well then refrigerate it until you serve it up and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10